Bold black and white can be the perfect starting point for a teen boy bedroom. Ive put it to use here to dramatic effect.
Yes, do the walls in black, just dont do all of them! One or two or even just a section of one is great for giving you that bold look and darkening the room a bit. Note that painting black is going to take a wee bit of work to get it truly deep black. Start with a dark gray primer coat and you wont need quite so much black paint to get the job done.
I love the bookcase here. Its actually not a bookcase, its a bunch of cubes and you can stack them up however you like. I love the idea of creating a stairstep shelving unit with them up against the black wall. The posters Ive picked had more to do with the color scheme than the actual artists. (Although, were fans of The Beatles and Rage Against the Machine in our house, so its not a totally unlikely combination!)
The furniture is white to contrast with the black bedding and black walls, but mix in some other materials for interest. Ive gone with birch wood and silver in the desk and silver with some black in the wire chair.
- Room Essentials Stripe Comforter Set Black/Gray
- dCOR design Alpha Bed
- CAD Diamond Wire Chair
- Way Basics zBoard Eco Storage Cube Plus, White
- OFFI Half Pipe Desk-Birch
- Astaire Modern Wall Clock
- Rolling Stones Declaration Music Poster Print
- Guitar Heaven
- Red Musical Notes Table Lamp by Lamp-In-A-Box
- Organize It All Neu Home Charcoal Faux Leather Document Box
- Posters Green Day, The Beatles, Rage Against The Machine
- Black Giant Drips Wall Sticker
- Throw pillows Leave a Trail Inspiration Rectangular Pillow, Your Future Inspirational Square Pillow
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission, probably enough to get a stick of gum. I generally only recommend products or services on this blog that I would use personally and believe you will find cool as well. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.