A cowboy or western bedroom theme is actually pretty easy to do. The challenge is figuring out how to do it in a sophisticated way. Oh, and figuring out what to leave out!
The major theme elements are easy to identify cowboy hats, horses, stars, boots, horseshoes and so forth. Colors are even easy brown, brown and brown, with maybe some red and blue bandanas for color. But its precisely because there are so many elements that its easy to go completely overboard and you end up with way too much cowboy.
I started with the cool bandana bedding set from Kohls. Love this because its colorful and just different from what I normally see for cowboy bedding sets. It pretty much gives us our blue, red and brown color scheme. The rest is kind of up to personal taste and selective choice of what gets to be cowboy motif vs. just fitting the color scheme. I tried to add a couple of unexpected touches like the red lantern and the rustic chalkboard. The cowboy hat could be part of a collection hung on the wall as decor.
- Chaps Canyon Bedding
- Fireside Lodge Reclaimed Barnwood Traditional Style Bed
- Reclaimed Barnwood Blanket Chest
- Pageant Rug
- Ll Home Metal Star, 34.5-Inch
- Main Street Saddle Makers Clock
- Kalco Lighting Rodeo Drive Black Ceiling Light
- Cowboy Framed Art Prints Chaps, Hat, Boots
- Horseshoe Double Switch Plate
- Bulova Holgate Alarm Collection Clock
- Wild and Free Bookends
- Shabby Cottage Chic Small Chalkboard Memo Board
- Midway Wood Crates
- Brown Jr. Cowboy Hat
- Lil Buckaroo Wall Hanging Personalized by Dish and Spoon
- Winchester Arms Tin Metal Sign : Horse and Cowboy Logo
- God Bless Cowboys Wall Plaque
- Rubbermaid Bento Storage Box with Flex Dividers
- V&O Little Camper Brass Trim Oil Lantern, Red
More You Might Like
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission, probably enough to get a stick of gum. I generally only recommend products or services on this blog that I would use personally and believe you will find cool as well. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.