Some kids just refuse to be pigeon-holed. Sure they like trains or Barbie or sports, but they refuse to be defined by that, which throws easy ideas for decorating their rooms out the window.
I went into this room inspiration without much of a plan other than a cozy comfy room for a girl that didnt have any kind of specific theme or color scheme. (Scary, huh?) I did keep a few things in mind, though, as I was looking for items to include. Youll notice all the furniture is rather traditional in style no clean modern lines here and solid-colored bedding meant we could bring in all kinds of other colors with careful use of pillows. Nothing matches, but everything goes.
You might also detect that our little girl has has an interest in reading, fashion and astronomy, mostly visible in the artwork. Hmm. Maybe she needs a bookcase or two as well which could be coordinated in the red or be a nice neutral brown or beige. This is a room definitely made up of hand-me-down furniture, brought together with personal accessories.
Paint color: Olympic Paint and Primer in One (Color: Tan)
- Victoria Classics Solid Reversible Twin Comforter Set, Pink/Green
- Molly Red Headboard
- Bed Pillows Flower Blossoms Throw Pillow, Twist by Jackie, Embroidered Colorful Floral Throw Pillow
- Tiburon Brown Floral Arm Chair
- Chair Pillows Ikat Inspired Cotton Embroidery and Applique Pillow, Embroidered Blue Floral Throw Pillow
- Cottage Classic Nightstand in blueberry
- French Crackle Lamp with Shade
- Rustica Grecian Green Rug
- Red Bullitt Alarm Clock
- Wire Storage Basket
- Jeffan Funstripes Jar
- Uttermost Book Bookends
- Alice in Wonderland Catchall
- Red Leather Luisa Ottoman
- Hattie the Elephant
- Wall Art (Top Row) Words Not War, Oopsy daisy Brave Adventures Canvas Wall Art(Bottom Row) Brainstorm Print & Design Northern Hemisphere Print, All in The Details, One People One World One Love by Bua Art Print, Grow Up II Fine Art Print
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission, probably enough to get a stick of gum. I generally only recommend products or services on this blog that I would use personally and believe you will find cool as well. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.